Friday, June 13, 2008

Revisiting Some Old Internal Fire

I have to say that here the past few months have been hard. I started working again after six years of being home. I love my job. (I'm an RN and work in the NICU) I didn't realize that I had holed myself up in my house for the time I was home with my children and became withdrawn and my self-confidence dwindled.
Why in the world would my self-confidence be shot by staying home to take care of my babies? I am the same person I've always been. I know so many times when we were buying a home or doing other financial things I was deemed as "unemployed" even though I stated "No, I am a homemaker!" I didn't reach out to other Moms I just shrank inside myself. I am here now to shout that Motherhood is a worthy cause and should be a boost in self-confidence. We are professional multi-taskers and first-aide providers and counselors and friends and nurturers. We as mother's do amazing things day in and day out, staying up all night to console a crying little one or a crying older one. Teenagers definately have their moments also.
Artsy Mamas has given me an opportunity to come alive and a realization that I am myself still. My self-confidence is still here and I am still fierce and smart and fiesty and full of creativity. I can talk to corporate executives and I can talk to my friends. I am a worthy person and always have been. When we are blessed and have gifts we should share with others. I feel my cup is running over right now and I want to reach out and share.
I paint, I dance, I write, I am intellectual and analytical, I am helper, giver and lover,

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog!